Working within a team of 10, sharing the responsibility of maintaining and developing customer relationships, contributing towards the growth of the business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for processing technical quotations, editing orders, providing exceptional customer services and order management for all accounts and end customers.
The candidate must have strong telephone and interpersonal skills and have the ability to build strong customer relationships with the view to generate sales. They must also be able have the ability to work in a high pressure environment and be driven to achieve the departmental goals.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Handle all incoming telephone enquiries with exceptional telecommunication skills.
- To be the first point of call for the customer base and support the team with other customer activities.
- Prepare quotations for customers providing a prompt and on-time supply of technical estimates and quotations.
- Editing orders on to the Sigma MRP system accurately and on-time.
- Ensure that all enquiries, (quotation or customer order based) are answered accurately and in a timely manner.
- Own acknowledgements and regular feedback to customers advising latest position with quotations and sales orders.
- To coordinate the portfolio of accounts and undertake specific account handling activities as specified by the Sales Manager.
- Provide KPI reviews in a timely manner with objectives described for improvement.
Measurement of performance will be based on KPIs to be agreed periodically and general feedback of customer satisfaction.
- A highly motivated individual with confidence to voice and implement new and creative ideas to achieve success
- Strong organisation skills and capable of working quickly and accurately under his/her own initiative in a busy, high pressure sales office environment.
- Excellent customer handling skills and experience with a strong focus towards achieving exceptional customer service.
- A confident, self-motivated team player, who is aware of their role within the team.
- Excellent telephone manner who can handle customers from a range of industries, levels, background and personality types.
- Strong inter-personal skills, being comfortable and able to communicate effectively at all levels from the shop floor to the executive – internally and with our customers.
- Strong problem solving ability and experience of seeing solutions through to completion.
- A good understanding of general sales skills and the ability to read technical drawings.
- Experience of working within a sales office environment (technical sales preferred but not essential)
- The ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Account management and customer services
- A Team Player who can be flexible in order to assist the team in achieving company goals and targets.