In light of the Covid-19 outbreak, we would like to reassure our customers that we intend to remain operational unless advised by the government not to. We supply to customers in a range of key industries who continue to operate as usual or at a higher demand including medical, food production, utilities and agricultural.
We are taking the following steps to be as self-sufficient as possible during any national disruption:
- Our suppliers are located all over the world, so we are expecting some disruptions, but we are working with them to increase supplies of all products in the UK.
- We have secured three times more stock than we usually hold. Further stock is still available at our UK suppliers.
- One of our key suppliers is TATA; they are UK based and are currently fully operational, so we are expecting little to no disruption to all mild steel-based products.
- We have four identical laser systems which use all of the same consumables and spare parts, this makes it much easier for us to maintain and run during this time. We buy direct from the manufacturer who has tripled their UK stock to ensure timely arrival, we have stocked up on all consumables and spare parts that have been required in the last 12 months so they are available as necessary.
- We have 2-3 months of office and packaging supplies to ensure that there are no disruptions in processing orders or delivery. We are working to maintain this buffer for the foreseeable future.
HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
The health and safety of our employees and associates is our top priority, so we are ensuring we take all necessary steps to keep our premises as safe as possible.
- No visitors are currently allowed on site and all site meetings with external representatives, including interviews and customers visits have been cancelled.
- We have implemented a no contact policy for deliveries and collections to reduce the risk for both parties, this is proving to be very straightforward and is causing no disruption.
- Our premises are thoroughly cleaned daily.
- All employees have been requested to ensure good hand hygiene. All sites are equipped with all the necessary cleaning and washing facilities, these are readily available to everyone.
We are currently as busy as we were in March 2019, so we haven’t seen a drastic change in workload at present. Since then we have also increased our capacity so we can deal with changes in demand to meet varying customer requirements.
You can keep track of current NHS advice here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
And the current government response here: https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
We will continue to monitor the situation and keep all of our customers informed.